On She Goes
is a platform for, by, and about women of color & travel. We're always on the lookout for submissions for the "___ in ___" column
. If you'd like to submit a pitch that isn't a good fit for the "___ in ___" column, please take a look at the other available categories.
On She Goes wants to know about your lessons learned while living in a different place. We know that living in an entirely different culture—abroad or in your home country—can be a big adjustment and we'd love for you to share it with our readers. Women of color to exist in different parts of the world and we want to know more about what your life was about. Take a look at past "___ in ___" column to get a feel of what we're looking for.
Please include the following in your pitch:Cover letter
* Payment varies, depending on the assigned piece. Pitches are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Enter your brief cover letter information in the text box below.
- Introduce yourself and your work, and include clip or samples.
- Upload as a single .doc, .docx, or PDF
- 100-200 word write up outlining your proposed piece.
- Note type of piece you are pitching: interview, reported article, essay, guide, or a category not listed.
- If multiple pitches are submitted on the same document, please clearly state that there is more than one pitch.
- If the a piece references specific locations, please list locations
- As a travel platform, we would love to see your trips. Your submission will be considered based solely on the written pitch, and we ask for photos to get an idea for visuals to go along with your piece.
- Pitch submissions may be accepted even if you don't have photos pertinent to the piece.
- Please make a note in your pitch if you do not have photos to go with your piece. In the case that you don't have photography to submit, since it is required below, please upload any photos to give us an idea of what pictures you have access to.
- Photos must be your own photography. Photos cannot be licensed, other people's photos, and can't be taken from other websites.
- We will not use your photos if we don't accept your pitch.
- If your pitch references specific locations, please include pictures of those locations if you have them.