On She Goes
is a platform for, by, and about women of color & travel. We're always on the lookout for a good guide that explores cities, "how to," and more. If you'd like to submit a pitch that isn't a guide, please take a look at the other available categories.
On She Goes loves us a good guide. Take a look at http://www.onshegoes.com/stories/ to get a feel of the types of guides that we're interested in like:
Straightforward "how to's" from a unique perspective
- "Sunny & Shade: The Black Woman’s Beach Survival Guide"
- "Travel 101 for Fat Babes"
- "How to Travel with Chronic Illness"
Specific type of city guide
- "A Mile High in Denver: My Solo Cannabis Tour"
- "The Foodie's Miami Travel Guide")
Irreverent and unique
- "MacGyver Packing Guide: The Unexpected but Essential Items for Your Next Trip"
- "Guide to Taiwanese Convenience Stores"
We're not looking for generic city guides, so please think about a unique spin to your guide idea.
Please include the following in your pitch:Cover letter
* Payment varies, depending on the assigned piece. Pitches are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Enter your brief cover letter information in the text box below.
- Introduce yourself and your work, and include clip or samples.
- Upload as a single .doc, .docx, or PDF
- 100-200 word write up outlining your proposed piece.
- Note type of piece you are pitching: interview, reported article, essay, guide, or a category not listed.
- If multiple pitches are submitted on the same document, please clearly state that there is more than one pitch.
- If the a piece references specific locations, please list locations
- As a travel platform, we would love to see your trips. Your submission will be considered based solely on the written pitch, and we ask for photos to get an idea for visuals to go along with your piece.
- Pitch submissions may be accepted even if you don't have photos pertinent to the piece.
- Please make a note in your pitch if you do not have photos to go with your piece. In the case that you don't have photography to submit, since it is required below, please upload any photos to give us an idea of what pictures you have access to.
- Photos must be your own photography. Photos cannot be licensed, other people's photos, and can't be taken from other websites.
- We will not use your photos if we don't accept your pitch.
- If your pitch references specific locations, please include pictures of those locations if you have them.